Tuesday, January 17, 2012

KSA First time

it was 10.30PM on 14.1.12 at my home in nellore, India. The atmosphere was too dull with a sense of lacking in all those gathered there. An innova was standin out my door waiting for me to board. That was the dat i set off to saudi in pursuit of my career. My mom couldnt resist the tears rolling down her cheeks. Any mother could not do in that situation. After bidding good bye to all the family members & listening to all the take care and all the best from them, I boarded the vehicle. Rolled down the window glass to tata once again. I misssed them all & my home so much after all.

At the moment i was like a newly married girl with all the aspirations and dreams of a new life set at the husbands's on one side and the turmoil of loosing the home, parents and all my loved ones on the other side.

I had to make the move. Life is has no meaning progressing.

After a 3hr drive on the NH5 from nellore to chennai, we reached the Madras International Terminal. Looking here and there for signs and instructions, just like any first timer would. I dont want to commit any mistakes because ia goinig international from that very moment. Feels chilly.

My dad, brother and uncles were stopped at the international departure entry itself. Only I was allowed in. i had a damn ticket after all.

CHecking in at the Qatsr airways was quite easy. very helpful guys. i checked in my big airliner luggage and moved on with a backpack to the immigration.

While i was filling through the immigration form, to my surprise, a person beside me asked me to fill in the form for him. I looked at him almost shocked. How could someone unable to fill his immigration form live out in another country. That is life. it takes you anywhere. need not be qualified for that.

After filling the form I headed to the Customs clearence. Guys looking like army asscociates scanned through my luggage, checked my laptop, my jacket and finally frisked me after i passed through the metal detector.

All these time I was thinking about the family that I have left behind and of the place I was going to stay for the future. The turmoil at the air port ended when I was called in for boarding on to the Qatar airways flight. I got in and the flight took off. With a glimpse of the flashing lights of the city slowly fading away, I was airborne and off the Indian grounds for the first time in my life. It was quite thrilling.

More to come..... checkout...

No comments: